Incorporated in year 1950, three years after the independence of Pakistan in 1947. Setup by an entrepreneur migrated from India and was the pioneer light engineering products company listed on the stock exchanges of the country in the name of Batala Engineering Company (BECO). Within a period of fifteen years it became leader in light engineering goods manufacturing with the help of European & American technology and their team of engineers to produce High Quality Machine Tools, Pumps, Power Looms, Concrete Mixers, Cranes, Power Presses, Electric Motors, Bicycles, Steel Rolled Products, Electricity Transmission Towers, Structure and General Fabrication.
The industry was set up at Badami Bagh, old city of Lahore on land area of 34 acres, and whole adjacent area was subsequently converted into steel center of Pakistan. Due to rapid addition of products, the land area became in-sufficient for further expansion. In the same city of Lahore 247 acres land was acquired in 1960 at Kot Lakhpat industrial zone, for further expansion.
After take over by the Government in the year 1972 under the economic reforms, it was renamed as Pakistan Engineering Company (PECO). The areas focused after take over were Steel Making where three Electric Are Furnaces of 10 tons each, Steel Rolling Mills to roll bigger size steel angles were added in line with future trends. Modern laboratory for Mechanical, Chemicals, Non-Destructive Tests etc. equipped with Universal Tensile Testing, Hardness Brielle & Rockwell, 32 Channels Direct Emission Spectrometer for analysis of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous base metals, Carbon & Sulphur Determination, Metallographic, Ultrasonic Flaw Detector & Magnetic Particle Separator was also setup.
For better precision, state of the art CNC machines for Punching, Marking & Shearing of Steel angles of size upto 200 mm along with CNC machine for plate punching up to thickness of 40 mm and Hydraulic plate punching, shearing of Billet, Bars of different shapes, steel angles of various sizes, cup cutting were also installed in the years 1983 and 2007. The company is qualified for manufacturing electricity transmission towers up to 500 KV. Three Hot dip Galvanizing Plants are installed to cope up with the increase in production capacity of transmission towers. The annual assessed production capacity of steel structures on single shift basis is now 30,000 tons.
Design office was also setup for in house designing of its regular products and special jobs. The design office is equipped with latest computer aided design and drafting facilities. Highly experienced design engineers in relevant field are available for continuous improvement in designing. Arrangements with reputable international design organizations are available for economical and latest technology based designing.
The Government considered various plans for its revival and it was decided in the year 2002 to re structure the company. Under the approved plan, all machines, equipment, steel sheds were shifted from old Badami Bagh Works to Kot Lakhpat Works to consolidate at one place, where ample space of 150 acres is still available for further expansion. Products of obsolete technology, obsolete machines / equipment, low technology products such as Machine Tools, Power Looms, Bicycle were closed down.
In the year 2003, the Corporate Structure of the company was changed. Some portion of the Government shares was off loaded through stock exchanges to have a Private – Public partnership in order to manage the company operations in more efficient manner. Thus private shareholding increased to 67% and Government Share holding 33%. The private share holders elected directors therefore got effective role, which has resulted in improving efficiency in all areas.
In house foundry is also available to produce castings of Pumps, Electric Motors and Machine Tools. It is in the process of up gradation to cater for high quality castings for Tractors and Auto Sector.
The Company is also producing Electric Motors for our own use and market. The technology is of NEUMANN U.K. The types and range of Motors is as below:-
|Drip Proof Squirrel Cage, 3 Phase 400 V||1-75 HP, 1000, 1500 & 3000 RPM|
|Totally Enclosed, Fan Cooled, Squirrel Cage, 3 Phase, 400 V||1 – 50 HP, 1000, 1500 & 3000 RPM|
|Drip proof, Vertical Hollow Shaft, Squirrel Cage, 3 Phase, 400 V||10-150 HP, 1500 & 3000 RPM|
|Totally Enclosed, Fan Cooled,Squirrel Cage, Vertical Hollow Shaft, 3 Phase, 400 V||10,15,20,80 & 150 HP 1500, 720 & 960 RPM|
|Naturally Cooled, Squirrel Cage, 3 Phase, 400 V||1 – 2 HP|
|Submersible Motors Type 1218 A/2, 3 Phase, 400 V||15 – 50 HP|
All components of Electric Motors are manufactured in house.
The Company is manufacturing Pumps for use in Agriculture, Water supply, Drainage, De-watering, Sugar Industry etc. The Technology was acquired from M/s Jaccuzi, U.S.A. The type and range of Pumps being produced are:-
|For Heads:||20 to 300 Ft|
|Capacity Range:||100 to 1625 IGPM|
|For Well Dia:||8 to 12 Inches|
|Capacity Range:||60 to 1200 IGPM|
|Deep Well Turbine Pumps:|
|For Well Dia:||6 to 16 Inches|
|Capacity Range:||15 to 700 CU M/H|
|Non Clogging Pumps:|
|For Heads:||6 to 98 Metres|
|Capacity Range:||20 - 1000 Cubic Metres|
All castings and components of Pumps are manufactured In house
The facilities such as Galvanizing, Steel Rolling and Foundry are under extensive renovation and automation.
|Company has the following in house production facilities:|
|NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING:|
|List of major machines installed at different shops of the Company are given hereunder:|
With clients both locally and internationally, we are proud of our services that makes us stand out from the rest in competition, choosing us will ensure long after sales support.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF PECO:At 67th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, held on October31, 2016 at Lahore, the sharehoders unanimously approved the following:-
1. Minutes of 66th AGM held on September 30, 2015.
2. Audited accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2016 togather with the Auditors' and Directors' Report thereon.
3. Appoinment of M/s Tariq Abdul Ghani Maqbool & Company, Chartered Accountants, as as Auditors of the Company for the Year 2016-17.
Profit & Loss Account  - June 30,2016The BOD in its meeting held on Sep 29,2016 approved the following Profit and Loss account for the year ended June 30,2016
|Cost of Sales||(1,856,634)|
|Selling & Distribution Expenses||    (8,140)|
|Freight & Forwarding Expenses||  (18,092)|
|Administrative Expenses||  (57,662)|
|Other Operating Charges||  (46,757)|
|Other Operating Income||     4,652|
|Finance Cost||  (15,362)|
Profit before taxation
Profit after taxation
|Basic & Diluted Earnings Per Share (Rs)||     38.57|
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGNotice is hereby given that the 67th Annual General Meeting of Pakistan Engineering Company Limited will be held at Hotel Ambassador, 7-Davis Road, Lahore, on Monday, October 31, 2016 at 11.00 A.M. to transact the following business: -
1. To confirm Minutes of 66th Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday, September 30, 2015.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2016 together with the Auditors’ and Directors’ report thereon.
3. To appoint auditors for the year ending on June 30, 2017 and to fix their remuneration. The present Auditors M/s Tariq Abdul Ghani Maqbool & Company, Chartered Accountants, being eligible for reappointment have offered themselves for reappointment. The Board of Directors, on recommendations of the Audit Committee, has proposed appointment of M/s Tariq Abdul Ghani Maqbool & Company, Chartered Accountants as Auditors of the Company, for the year 2016-17.
4. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
(Mian Anwar Aziz)
Lahore: September 29, 2016
NOTES:1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from October 21, 2016 to October 31, 2016 ( Both days inclusive ) and no transfer will be registered during that time. Transfers received in order at the office of the Registrar of the Company, M/s Central Depository Company of Pakistan Ltd, (CDC) 2nd Floor, 307 Upper Mall, Opposite Lahore Gymkhana, Near Mian Meer Bridge, Lahore at the close of business on October 20, 2016 will be treated in time.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint any person as a proxy and vote on his / her behalf. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
3. Any individual Beneficial Owner of the Central Depository Company (CDC), entitled to vote at this meeting must bring his / her Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or passport (in case of foreigner) along-with CDC account number to prove his/her identity and in case of proxy must enclose an attested copy of his/her CNIC or passport. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents required for such purpose.
4. Members are requested to notify us immediately of any change in their Registered address currently available with us.
5. The Registrar of the Company is, M/s Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, Lahore.
6. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC), to the Company are requested to send the same mail or fax at the earliest.
CHANGE OF MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEOMr. Mairaj Anees Ariff has been appointed as Managing Director/CEO, Pakistan Engineering Company Limited with effect from March 18, 2016 in place of Mr. Shafaqat Ur Rehman Ranjha
March 19, 2016
ANNUAL MEETING NOTICE
The Annual General Meeting of the Campany will be held on 30-09-2015 at 11:00 A.M at Hotel Ambassador, 7 Davis Road, Lahore. Share Transfer Books of the Campany shall remain closed from September 21, 2015 to September 30, 2015 (both days inclusive).
BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTIONS
In the Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Company held on April 06, 2015 at 10:30 a.m. at Hotel Ambassador, Lahore the following six (6) Directors have been elected un-opposed by the private shareholders to represent them on the Board of the Company for a period of three years.
1. Mr. Muhammad Iqbal
2. Mr. Ansar Javed
3. Mr. Liaqat Mohammad
4. Mirza Mahmood Ahmad
5. Mr. Muhammad Arif Habib
6. Mr. Rashid Ali Khan
NOTICE UNDER SECTION 178(4)OF THE Companies ORDINANCE,1984
All the members are hereby informed that the company has received notices from the following persons of their intentions to offer themselves for election as Directors of the Company at Extra Ordinary General Meeting of shareHolders to be held on Monday, April 06,2015 at 10:30 A.M. at Hotel Ambassador, Davis Road, Lahore.
1. Mr. Muhammad Arif Habib
2. Mr. Muhammad Iqbal.
3. Mr. Liaqat Mohammad
4. Mr. Rashid Ali Khan
5. Mirza Mahmood Ahmad
6. Mr. Ansar Javed
Since the number of persons who have offered themselves to be elected is not more than the number of Directors fixed for election the above named six candidates shall be deemed to be elected at the aforesaid Extra Ordinary General Meeting.
(Mian Anwar Aziz)
Lahore: March 24, 2015
NOTICE OF EXTRA ORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 27th Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Pakistan Engineering Company Limited will be held at Hotel Ambassador, Davis Road, Lahore, on Monday, April 06, 2015 at 10.30 A.M. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm Minutes of 65th Annual General Meeting held on October 31, 2014.
2. To elect six (6) Directors as fixed by the Board of Directors, in accordance with the Companies Ordinance, 1984, representing private share-holders, for a period of three years in place of the following retiring Directors:-
1. Mr. Muhammad Arif Habib
2. Mr. Liaqat Mohammad
3. Mr. Rashid Ali Khan
4. Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Awan
5. Mr. Muhammad Iqbal
6. Mirza Mahmood Ahmad
3. To consider any other business with the permission of the Chair.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
(Mian Anwar Aziz)
Lahore: February 23, 2015
1. The Share Transfer Books of the company shall remain closed from March 31, 2015 to April 06, 2015 (Both days inclusive) and no transfer of shares will be accepted for registration during that time.
2. Any person who seeks to contest the election to the office of director shall file at the registered office of the company not later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting at which elections are to be held, a notice of his intention to offer himself for elections as director in terms of section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint any person as a proxy and vote on his / her behalf. Duly completed instrument of proxy, and the other authority under which it is signed, thereof, must be lodged with the Secretary of the Company at the Company's registered office (6/7, Ganga Ram Trust Building, Shahra-e-Quaid-e-Azam, Lahore) at least 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
4. The CDC account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
For Attending the Meeting:
. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and /or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original CNIC, or original passport at the time of attending the meeting. CDC Account Holders are also requested to bring their CDC Participant ID numbers and account number
. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors' resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting.
For appointing Proxies:
. In case of individuals,the account holder or sub-account holder and /or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original CNIC, or original passport at the time of attending the meeting. CDC Account Holders are also requested to bring their CDC Participant ID numbers and account number
. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC number shall be mentioned on the form.
. Attested copies of the CNIC or the passport of beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form
. The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors' resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted alongwith proxy form to the Company.
5. Members are requested to notify us immediately of any change in their Registered address currently available with us.
6. The Registrar of the company is, M/s Central Depository Company Of Pakistan Ltd. 2nd Floor,307-Upper Mall, Opposite Lahore Gymkhana Near Mian Mir Bridge Lahore.54000
7. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards(CNIC) to the Company are requested to send the same at the earliest.