NOTICE UNDER SECTION 178(4)OF THE Companies ORDINANCE,1984
All the members are hereby informed that the company has received notices from the following persons of their intentions to offer themselves for election as Directors of the Company at Extra Ordinary General Meeting of shareHolders to be held on Monday, April 06,2015 at 10:30 A.M. at Hotel Ambassador, Davis Road, Lahore.
- Mr. Muhammad Arif Habib.
- Mr. Muhammad Iqbal.
- Mr. Liaqat Mohammad
- Mr. Rashid Ali Khan
- Mirza Mahmood Ahmad
- Mr. Ansar Javaid
Since the number of persons who have offered themselves to be elected is not more than the number of Directors fixed for election the above named six candidates shall be deemed to be elected at the aforesaid Extra Ordinary General Meeting.
(Mian Anwar Aziz)
Lahore: March 24, 2015
NOTICE OF EXTRA ORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 27th Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Pakistan Engineering Company Limited will be held at Hotel Ambassador, Davis Road, Lahore, on Monday, April 06, 2015 at 10.30 A.M. to transact the following business:
- To confirm Minutes of 65th Annual General Meeting held on October 31, 2014.
- To elect six (6) Directors as fixed by the Board of Directors, in accordance with the Companies Ordinance, 1984, representing private share-holders, for a period of three years in place of the following retiring Directors:-
To consider any other business with the permission of the Chair.
- Mr. Muhammad Arif Habib
- Mr. Liaqat Mohammad
- Mr. Rashid Ali Khan
- Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Awan
- Mr. Muhammad Iqbal
- Mirza Mahmood Ahmad
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
(Mian Anwar Aziz)
Lahore: February 23, 2015 Company Secretary
Form of proxy
- The Share Transfer Books of the company shall remain closed from March 31, 2015 to April 06, 2015 (Both days inclusive) and no transfer of shares will be accepted for registration during that time.
- Any person who seeks to contest the election to the office of director shall file at the registered office of the company not later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting at which elections are to be held, a notice of his intention to offer himself for elections as director in terms of section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
- A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint any person as a proxy and vote on his / her behalf. Duly completed instrument of proxy, and the other authority under which it is signed, thereof, must be lodged with the Secretary of the Company at the Company's registered office (6/7, Ganga Ram Trust Building, Shahra-e-Quaid-e-Azam, Lahore) at least 48 hours before the time of the meeting
- The CDC account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
- For Attending the Meeting:
- In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and /or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original CNIC, or original passport at the time of attending the meeting. CDC Account Holders are also requested to bring their CDC Participant ID numbers and account number
- In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors' resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting.
- For appointing Proxies:
- in case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and /or the persons whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the Proxy Form accordingly
- The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC number shall be mentioned on the form.
- Attested copies of the CNIC or the passport of beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form
- The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
- In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors' resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted alongwith proxy form to the Company.
- Members are requested to notify us immediately of any change in their Registered address currently available with us.
- The Registrar of the company is, M/s SCARLET IT Systems (Pvt.) Ltd. 24 - Ferozpur Road, Near Mozang Chungi, Lahore.
- Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards(CNIC) to the Company are requested to send the same at the earliest.
Incorporated in year 1951, four years after the independence of Pakistan in 1947. Setup by an entrepreneur migrated from India and was the pioneer light engineering products company listed on the stock exchanges of the country in the name of Batala Engineering Company (BECO). Within a period of fifteen years it became leader in light engineering goods manufacturing with the help of European & American technology and their team of engineers to produce High Quality Machine Tools, Pumps, Power Looms, Concrete Mixers, Cranes, Power Presses, Electric Motors, Bicycles, Steel Rolled Products, Electricity Transmission Towers, Structure and General Fabrication.
The industry was set up at Badami Bagh, old city of Lahore on land area of 34 acres, and whole adjacent area was subsequently converted into steel center of Pakistan. Due to rapid addition of products, the land area became in-sufficient for further expansion. In the same city of Lahore 247 acres land was acquired in 1960 at Kot Lakhpat industrial zone, for further expansion.
After take over by the Government in the year 1972 under the economic reforms, it was renamed as Pakistan Engineering Company (PECO). The areas focused after take over were Steel Making where three Electric Are Furnaces of 10 tons each, Steel Rolling Mills to roll bigger size steel angles were added in line with future trends. Modern laboratory for Mechanical, Chemicals, Non-Destructive Tests etc. equipped with Universal Tensile Testing, Hardness Brielle & Rockwell, 32 Channels Direct Emission Spectrometer for analysis of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous base metals, LESCO Carbon & Sulphur Determination, Metallographic, Ultrasonic Flaw Detector, Magnetic Particle Separator was also setup.
For better precision, state of the art CNC machines for Punching, Marking & Shearing of Steel angles of size upto 200 mm along with CNC machine for plate punching up to thickness of 40 mm and Hydraulic plate punching, shearing of Billet, Bars of different shapes, steel angles of various sizes, cup cutting were also installed in the years 1983 and 2007. The company is qualified for manufacturing electricity transmission towers up to 500 KV. Three Hot dip Galvanizing Plants are installed to cope up with the increase in production capacity of transmission towers. The annual production of steel structures on single shift basis is now 30,000 tons.
Design office was also setup for in house designing of its regular products and special jobs. The design office is equipped with latest computer aided design and drafting facilities. Highly experienced design engineers in relevant field are available for continuous improvement in designing. Arrangements with reputable international design organizations are available for economical and latest technology based designing.
The Government considered various plans for its revival and it was decided in the year 2002 to re structure the company. Under the approved plan, all machines, equipment, steel sheds were shifted from old Badami Bagh Works to Kot Lakhpat Works to consolidate at one place, where ample space of 150 acres is still available for further expansion. Products of obsolete technology, obsolete machines / equipment, low technology products such as Machine Tools, Power Looms, Bicycle were closed down.
In the year 2003, the Corporate Structure of the company was changed. Some portion of the Government shares was off loaded through stock exchanges to have a Private – Public partnership in order to manage the company operations in more efficient manner. Thus private shareholding increased to 67% and Government Share holding 33%. The private share holders elected directors therefore got effective role, which has resulted in improving efficiency in all areas. The company has turned around, and is not only earning profits, but also continuously improving its profitability and financial health. The shareholders are being paid cash dividend much higher than bank rates. The market price of its share is now highest in the engineering sector companies in Pakistan.
The Foundry is also available in house to produce castings of Pumps, Electric Motors and Machine Tools. It is in the process of up gradation to cater for high quality castings for Tractors and Auto Sector.
The Company is also producing Electric Motors for our own use and market. The technology is of NEUMANN U.K. The types and range of Motors is as below:-
|Drip Proof Squirrel Cage, 3 Phase 400 V
||1-75 HP, 1000, 1500 & 3000 RPM
| Totally Enclosed, Fan Cooled, Squirrel Cage, 3 Phase, 400 V
||1 – 50 HP, 1000, 1500 & 3000 RPM
|Drip proof, Vertical Hollow Shaft, Squirrel Cage, 3 Phase, 400 V
||10-150 HP, 1500 & 3000 RPM
|Totally Enclosed, Fan Cooled,Squirrel Cage, Vertical Hollow Shaft, 3 Phase, 400 V
||10,15,20,80 & 150 HP 1500, 720 & 960 RPM
|Naturally Cooled, Squirrel Cage, 3 Phase, 400 V
||1 – 2 HP
|Submersible Motors Type 1218 A/2, 3 Phase, 400 V
||15 – 50 HP
All components of Electric Motors are manufactured in house.
The Company is manufacturing Pumps for use in Agriculture, Water supply, Drainage, De-watering, Sugar Industry etc. The Technology was acquired from M/s Jaccuzi, U.S.A. The type and range of Pumps being produced are:-
| For Heads:
||20 to 300 Ft
||100 to 1625 IGPM
|For Well Dia:
||8 to 12 Inches
||60 to 1200 IGPM
|Deep Well Turbine Pumps:
|For Well Dia:
||6 to 16 Inches
||15 to 700 CU M/H
|Non Clogging Pumps:
||6 to 98 Metres
||20 - 1000 Cubic Metres
All castings and components of Pumps are manufactured In house.
The facilities such as Galvanizing, Steel Rolling and Foundry are under extensive renovation and automation. Foreign Consultants have been hired to assist in modernization plans of the Company.
|Company has the following in house production facilities:
|Cast Iron Casting
Pressure Die Casing
Non Ferrous Castings
Steel Re Rolling
|Universal Tensile, Bend & Compression Testing
Brinell & Rockwell Hardness Testing
|Analysis of ferrous & non ferrous base metals on direct emission spectrometer.
LECO carbon & sulpher determination
Chemical analysis through wet analysis
|NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING:
|Ultrasonic Flaw Detector
|List of major machines installed at different shops of the Company are given hereunder:
Plate Profile Punching Machines
Angle Shearing Machines
Plate Shearing Machines
Profile Gas Cutting Machines
Hydraulic Bending Machines
Hole Punching Line (FICIP)
Vertical Boring Machines
Key Way Seater – Vertical
Cylindrical Grinding Machines
Radial Drill Machines
Multiple Drill Machines
Pressure Testing Machines
Shaft Straightening Machines
Tube Expanding Machines
Tool Grinding Machines
Rotor Balancing Machines
Bore Check Machines
Horizontal Grinding Machines
Alluminium Melting Furnaces
Die Casting Machines
Pre Heating Furnaces
Annealing & Blowing Plant
Short Blasting Machines
Shake out Machines
Steel Re rolling Mills
High Frequency Induction Furnaces
Green Sand Preparation Plants
Mechanized Moulding Lines
||With clients both locally and internationally,
we are proud that our services that makes us stand out from
the rest in competition, choosing us will ensure long after